?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

The Muse Is Hot

  • Jun. 27th, 2007 at 2:27 AM
Terry Gilliam
The Muse lay sprawled on the hardwood floor of the living room, wearing nothing but bra and panties, a light sheen of sweat coating her pale skin.

"Fucking hell," she said. "It's too goddamn hot. I can barely breathe in here."

"Not my fault there's a lack of air conditioning," I said.

"Oh, it is. You could go out and buy one."

"I'm poor," I said. "In the summer, the poor sweat. You want air, you have to go find yourself a nice rich sugar daddy."

"I would, but he might insist that I put out before I get the air, and it's too hot for putting out. It's almost too hot for breathing, actually. My lungs hurt. It's like being in a kiln in here."

"You're a wuss. It's only 80 degrees in here. That's not even triple digits."

With a sound like a fruit roll-up being pulled from the plastic backing, the Muse unstuck herself from the floor and rolled onto her stomach. "Just because I haven't yet burst into flame on your floor doesn't mean it's not too hot."

"You say that as if you think I enjoy this heat. I'm not happy unless it's in the low 50s, and I can see my breath."

"Well, that's because you're a freak."

"Glad you noticed," I said.

"But it's still too fucking hot."

Comments

meryddian wrote:
Jun. 27th, 2007 07:06 am (UTC)
I love my AC unit. *hugs said unit*

But I don't love the electric bill to go with it.

Huzzah for timers that can be set on 30-minute intervals. Air on, air off. click click click. Ahhh... just perfect for sleep now.

king_cool_paul wrote:
Jun. 27th, 2007 07:09 am (UTC)
I may have said this before, but I'll say it again: you suck.

This hot and sticky shot is indeed rotten.
giggleloop wrote:
Jun. 27th, 2007 10:36 am (UTC)
I agree, Muse. Ugh. I shouldn't have to run my car's AC before 7am, it should just be a rule.
king_cool_paul wrote:
Jun. 27th, 2007 05:07 pm (UTC)
Summer can blow me.
giggleloop wrote:
Jun. 27th, 2007 09:14 pm (UTC)
On the lawn. With a goat. :)
shannonsays wrote:
Jun. 27th, 2007 01:44 pm (UTC)
i have ac in my bedroom. she can come stay with me
king_cool_paul wrote:
Jun. 27th, 2007 05:07 pm (UTC)
That coupled with the fact that you are wicked-nice to snug up with makes that a tempting offer.
shannonsays wrote:
Jun. 27th, 2007 05:18 pm (UTC)
precisely.
king_cool_paul wrote:
Jun. 27th, 2007 05:27 pm (UTC)
I'm glad you know better than to argue that point.
shannonsays wrote:
Jun. 27th, 2007 05:51 pm (UTC)
it is the muse, after all.
audeo wrote:
Jun. 27th, 2007 01:50 pm (UTC)
#1 on 100 Things to Like about Florida list: Central air in every outhouse, henhouse and doghouse... oh, and house house! ;)
king_cool_paul wrote:
Jun. 27th, 2007 05:06 pm (UTC)
Whereas I would just like to move back to the west coast, where air conditioners are things we hear about in legend, but never actually see in practice.
audeo wrote:
Jun. 27th, 2007 05:53 pm (UTC)
So... ? ;)

Actually, the west coast is where I would pick to live if there were no other things to consider (such as family, job, etc...)

Latest Month

June 2008
S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930     

Think On It

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want yourself to be happy, practice compassion.

- The Dalai Lama
Powered by LiveJournal.com